Dr. Danae L. Hudson
- Postdoctoral Residency, 2004, Forest Institute of Psychology
- PhD, 2003, Clinical Psychology; Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- MA, 2001, Clinical Psychology; Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- BA, 1997, Psychology; Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, B.C., Canada
- Introductory Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Adult Psychopathology
- Clinical communication skills
Research and professional interests
- Body image in eating disorders and obesity
- Readiness and motivation to change in eating disorders and obesity
- Bariatric surgery
Current research projects:
- Body image in patients seeking bariatric surgery: A longitudinal study
- The role of body checking in the maintenance of eating disorder symptoms
- The scholarship of teaching and learning: course redesign
- Emotional eating
Dr. Hudson is a licensed psychologist (2005), with a private practice specializing in the treatment of:
- Eating Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
Awards and honors
- Provost Fellow for Teaching and Learning (2010-2012)
- College of Health and Human Services Summer Grant Writing Award. (2006).
- Service Learning Faculty Fellowship, Missouri State University. (2006).
- College of Health and Human Service Research Award. (2006).
- Faculty Research Grant, Missouri State University. (2006).
- Summer Faculty Fellowship, Missouri State University. (2005).