Psychology Advisement Questions
Are you considering a major or minor in psychology? Have you already declared?
Contact Brittany Wise in the MCHHS Student Success and Advisement Center for advisement.
Having an advisor is the best way to plan and schedule your psychology course work. They can help you meet departmental and university requirements for graduation.
Gerontology majors and graduate students
Review the departmental advisement page for more information about your respective processes.
Class is closed (full): What do I do?
The psychology department will NOT be granting overrides into full courses. You are encouraged to monitor the course in case a seat becomes available (e.g., someone drops the course).
Spring 2022 reserved classes
Classes reserved for psychology majors
You must be a declared psychology major to be eligible to register for the following courses:
Classes reserved for online-only psychology majors
You must be a declared, online-only psychology major to be eligible to register for the following courses:
- PSY 200-899 (Psychology Stat Methods)
- PSY 302-D (lecture), 895 (lab), 896 (lab), 896 (lab), 897 (lab) (Experimental Psychology)
- PSY 304-898 (Abnormal Psychology)
- PSY 306-899 (Learning Processes)
- PSY 307-896 (Human Sexuality)
- PSY 411-896 (Psychology of Diversity with Service Learning)
- PSY 525-896 (Motivation and Emotions)
Classes reserved for Evening College Plus students
- PSY 121-898 (Intro. to Psychology) (10 seats reserved)
- PSY 121-899 (Intro. to Psychology) (10 seats reserved)
- PSY 441-899 (Psychology of Adolescence) (20 seats reserved)
Classes reserved for Education Majors
- PSY 360-301 (Educational Psychology) ( 5 seats reserved)
- PSY 360-899 (Educational Psychology)